‘Obstacles cannot crush me. Every obstacle yields to stern resolve. He who is fixed to a star does not change his mind.’ Leonardo da Vinci
1. Obstacles make you rise to the challenge. The bigger the obstacles, the more resourceful you will have to be in overcoming it. This will help you develop further than if things had gone smoothly.
2. Obstacles insulate you from the competition. If things were easy, you would have far more competitors. Once you overcome the obstacle, you have put one more barrier that will make it difficult to catch up with you.
3. Obstacles point to the bigger picture. All obstacles are there for a reason. Figure out the reason, and you get an insight into the meaning of your journey
4. Obstacles make good PR stories. Think of J.K. Rowling, and all the obstacles she had to overcome to get Harry Potter published. Yet it is these very obstacles that have made her story so endearing to the public, making her success all the more inspiring.
5. Obstacles help you find true friends. The people that will stick by you during difficult times are likely to become lifelong friends. Much better than those who are only there when things are happy and bright.
Did you enjoy this blog post? If so, consider subscribing to receive new blog posts by email. Thanks for reading.